We work with school districts across the nation, and a common challenge many face is the collection of those ever-important parent email addresses! Today, we bring you 5 best practices to improve that process:
- Confirm that both your SIS and your registration application have fields to capture parent email addresses. If your SIS is unable to collect parent emails, designate someone at your district to be in charge of maintaining your parent email list.
- Ask IT to create a landing page like this one for your website or do it yourself with a tool like google forms, and link to it from your homepage with a clear call to action to parents.
- You can also tell parents about your landing page by using your notification system to call or text them. Simply request that they update their critical emergency contact information at the designated link.
- Download our email collection template, print and send home with students. You can include the link to your landing page, but they can also fill it out and have their child return it to their teacher, if they prefer.
- Require teachers to collect parent email addresses and submit them to the school admin designated to maintain the list.
Bottom line – having complete contact information for your parents will ensure that they don’t miss out on important school information. Make sure that parent email addresses either make it into your SIS, or into one comprehensive file that is kept up to date. If you need any help with the process of collecting parent email addresses, contact us. We’d be happy to help!
By Rhea O’Connor, Marketing Manager at Peachjar